Alternate Response Unit

ARU: Alternate Response Unit

PBSO Star logoThe Alternate Response Unit (ARU) is a unique support unit within the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. ARU’s main responsibility is to enhance PBSO’s road patrol and investigative units by being able to take certain police reports over the phone and online (Cop-Logic). Having this capability increases customer service by responding to needs quicker. Also, this assists law enforcement supervisors so they can have deputies concentrate on patrol and crime suppression operations. ARU initiates thousands of law enforcement reports per year.

By clicking on “Go to Police Reporting” you can view all of the incident types you can file online. Our new online feature will give you the option to file a report via the Zoom application. Zoom is a web-based video face-to-face conferencing tool.

ARU is comprised of a staff of nineteen (19) professionals dedicated to assisting the citizens and visitors of Palm Beach County with the highest level of customer service possible.  In addition, ARU participates in enhancing building security at the Palm Beach County Criminal Justice Complex (PBSO Headquarters) and has three full-time deputies assigned to provide other law enforcement services at the Headquarters lobby.

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Alternate Response Unit webpage.  If we can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

3228 Gun Club Road,
West Palm Beach,
Florida 33406-3001

Main Phone:
(561) 688-3000

Police Report

Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office online reporting system.


The online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and obtain an unofficial copy of the police report for your records. Before using the online reporting system, be aware that the incident must meet the following conditions.


If you live in Unincorporated Palm Beach County; a contracted Municipality or the crime occurred in unincorporated Palm Beach County you can file a report with the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.  All other incidents need to be reported to the municipality in which the incident occurred.

You should also report any Internet Fraud to the Internet Complaint Center, which is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C). You can call them at (800) 251-3221 or go to

Generally, the report will be reviewed a determination will be made if follow up investigation will result in a successful prosecution. At that point a Detective will be assigned to the case.

First, contact the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office non-emergency at 561-688-3400. A dispatcher will take your information and have an ARU Specialist contact you. After filing a report you can call the tax collectors office to schedule an appointment and/or visit any of the tax collectors offices in Palm Beach County by going to any of the locations listed below. Remember to bring your Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office case number with you when going to replace your tag.

Tax collectors offices are located at the following addresses:

  • 200 Civic Center Way, Royal Palm Beach, Fl. 33411
  • 4215 S. Military Trail, Lake Worth 33463
  • 501 S. Congress Ave. Delray Beach, Fl.   33435
  • 3188 P.G.A. Blvd. Palm Beach Gardens , Fl. 33410
  • 2976 State Rd. 15, Belle Glade, Fl.  33430
  • 301 N. Olive Ave. West Palm Beach , Fl. 33401 (1st & 3rd Floor)

You can reach the Tax Collectors Office by calling: 561 355-2622

Go to the Central Records page.  Select Online Records Request (GovQA) page, Follow the directions on the Public Records Portal Page to obtain your record.

First, if you live in Palm Beach County or a PBSO Contracted Municipality, file a report with the Sheriff’s Office or your local police agency if you live in a non-contracted Palm Beach County municipality. Or, if you are not a resident of Palm Beach County but you have information that identity theft occurred in Palm Beach County, you can also file a report at the respective agency to where the incident occurred.

Next, you should replace all passcodes and add fraud alerts to all your accounts through the Credit Reporting BureausThen, you should file a report with the Federal Trade Commission. Visit them online at

You can also find a wealth of information on the Florida Attorney Generals website. Identity Theft Victim Kit’s are available from the Attorney General of Florida.

You may consider checking the pawnshops/second-hand dealers in your area for your belongings.

  • Pawned items must be held for 30 calendar days. (With probable cause to believe the property in possession of a pawnbroker is stolen, law enforcement may place a written hold on the property for 90 days.)
  • Items acquired by a second-hand dealer must be held for 15 calendar days. (With probable cause to believe the property in possession of a pawnbroker is stolen, law enforcement may place a written hold on the property for 60 days.)
  • While on hold, the pawnshop/second-hand dealer should not have those items on display. You may not see your stolen belongings. If any of your belongings are found in a pawnshop/second-hand dealer you may attempt to get them back by notifying the pawnbroker/second-hand dealer by certified mail, return receipt requested, or in person with a signed claim to the goods. The claim must contain a detailed description of the goods and must be accompanied by a copy of the police report on the misappropriation of the goods.
  • If notifying the pawnshop/second-hand dealer to obtain your personal belongings doesn't work, you can begin the legal process for getting your property returned. During this process the police may confiscate the property or place a hold on it. This will give you time to file a replevin petition with the clerk of the court. Identifiable serial numbers, etchings on property and receipts are helpful during this process. The only alternative to this court process is to buy the item back from the pawnshop/second-hand dealer

First, call the U.S. Department of State at either one of these numbers listed below to report your passport lost or stolen:

  • (202) 955-0487
  • (202) 955-0488
  • (202) 955-0292
  • (202) 955-0430

Also, you can apply for a new passport. To learn more contact the National Passport Information Center at: (877) 487-2778 or visit

The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office does not take reports on lost or stolen passports with the exception of:

If your passport is foreign you must provide the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office with a written request from your Country’s Consulate or Embassy. The written request must be brought in person to the Sheriff’s office on Gun Club Rd. or any sub-station. The letter must be on Consulate or Embassy letterhead and MUST have a raised seal.

The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office will take a report on a lost drivers’ license. For more information you can call:

Phone: (561) 355-2264

Or Visit these Service Center Locations:

Delray Beach Address: 501 S Congress Ave Delray Beach, Fl 33445

Glades  Address: 2976 State Rd 15 Belle Glade, Fl 33430

WPB Downtown Address: 301 N. Olive Ave, West Palm Beach, Fl 33401

Central Palm Beach Address: 4215 S. Military Trl. Lake Worth, Fl 33463

Royal Palm Beach  Address: 200 Civic Center Way Royal Palm Beach, Fl 33411

To make an appointment online go to:

You can also visit to obtain a new license online.

Generally, yes your report is public record subject to the Florida Sunshine Law.  Your report may not be public record if the case is open and actively being investigated.